Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 3

Name something you crave a lot.

Something I crave a lot....There's lots of things I crave a lot. Let's try to narrow it down to one, shall we?

I crave summer.


To be specific I crave that week or two that can't decide if it wants to be spring or summer. The flowers are blooming, the grass is green, birds are chirping, it's t-shirt weather during the day but you still need a sweater at night....that's my favorite.

Being married to farmer has also made this time of year special. I live riding co-pilot in the tractor with Ryan as he is working the land or planting crops. We have had some of our best conversations in the tractor.

It's more than just a season, it's actually a feeling. There's hope in the air. Yeah yeah, I know it sounds cheesy but it's true. Everyone has had a good winter break to recover from the stress of harvest and it seems everyone is bright eyed and bushy tailed to get the year going.

This year I'm hoping to get some yard work done too. We were going to get some landscaping done last year but we had an unusually wet spring and were too busy pumping water out of the fields to worry about grass. Item number one on my yard list is definitely a garden.


This is my dream garden. Cross your fingers I can talk Ryan into it! Ha ha!

I haven't had a garden for three years because we were either selling, renting, or flooded out... I miss gardening. Stay tuned for updates on that! There's just something so satisfactory about growing a garden....

Location:Purple Springs,Canada

2 comments:

Colton said...

I couldn't have a garden even if I wanted one. I live in a stupid apartment complex. I don't have one square foot of dirt to call my own. I don't even get enough sunlight to grow container vegetables because of the damn trees. I had to take my pot of tomatoes and peppers over to my friend's house. So I'm jealous.

Although, "Florida" means "flowery" in Spanish. You would hate me if you could see the dogwoods and wisteria and green grass that I'm seeing right now.

Bex said...

YOu have weird days up in Canada. They seem to span weeks at a time. :) YAY for SUMMER!!