Monday, March 21, 2011

Insane in the membrane

Have I told you about the "bet" RJ and I made? Let me enlighten you.

Last year was a junk year. All the way around, we were so glad to see 2010 in the rear view mirror.


Since it was a stressful year we did a lot of emotional eating, according to our scales. So we decided to make a weight loss challenge. I know that men lose way faster than women but really? He has seriously kicked my butt. Since January, he's down 25 lbs and I'm down ..... Wait for it....



7 lbs... Wah wah wah....

7 measly pounds! Whatever.

We didn't really decide what the winner gets but I'm thinking I'm not in the running anymore, which is fine. Although, Ryan is starting to work on the farm lots so his gym time will be drastically cut. I may have a chance yet! Cross your fingers!

As you saw by one of my recent posts, I have been doing lots of fun classes. Well yoga is now over because it's a community learning thing since we have no real gym for that any kind of regular classes.

Zumba is over after Wednesday for the same reason. But I did buy some Zumba DVDs and I'm excited to get doing them regularly.

Remember that run we signed up for? Well me and Niki went up to the race and it started snowing/raining. Since neither of us are "runners" we totally bailed. It's fine though. I don't need to run a 6k in snow to build character. We did sign up for another run in June so technically I don't consider it a bail, it's just on hold.

The main thing I've been doing lately? I'm glad you asked!


Insanity is just that. Insane. I am not even kidding when I tell you that I cry during some of these workouts. It is THE hardest thing I've ever done. But I'm improving! Every 15 days you do a fit test and I improved tons in my first 15! And I'm down a size. Oh yeah, and 7 stupid pounds.

Shaun T is a good motivator. But I hate you Shaun T... Hate. You.


Okay, I kind of like you.

Anyway, that's what I've been up to. What are you doing to work out?

1 comments:

Colton said...

I am going to run a 10k next weekend because of a girl, and I am completely out of shape. That's what I'm doing to work out. I feel really good about it.